.

Monday, June 09, 2003



Well, I figured out what to write about, this...You know what this is? it's a ficus tree a HUGE ficus tree. 10 yrs ago Aug 24th when I was a mere 11 yrs old.. the biggest natural disaster in united states HISTORY hit my home town directly. Hurricane Andrew, was catogorized as 5, but in fact it was a 6..with winds up to 350mph!!!!!!! that's amazing! and deadly. They said, 25 people killed in S.florida, but they didn't count the thousands of illegal mexican immagrants, nope they didn't so it was probably around 5000 killed. Why the history lesson you ask? well after reading a very savvy homepage from a survivor of this storm I was outraged of how we were lied to! First they said it wouldn't hit us directly and 5 minutes before it hit, they said it shifted!? WTF!! This lady described the most horrific thing I've heard, she said....very injured three days after the hurricane police cars came by with 4 men and a cop inside, she was asking for help and the cop got outta his car and said to her "look lady do me a favor, take a piece of paper and write your name your social security and your nearest relatives name and number and stick it in your pocked so I could find your body tommorow" that's fucked up. I thank god I lived no-where near Turkey point (a nuclear power plant down here) back then...and that I'm alive! l8

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home